An acclaimed musician with a reputation for writing from the heart, Bobby Wills (MDM Recordings Inc. / Universal Music Canada) is best known for two things; his signature cowboy hat and a diverse musical personality – combining a classic country sound with a toe-tapping, dynamic twist. A consecutive 2013 – 2014 Canadian Country Music Association® (CCMA®) Male Artist of the Year nominee, and 2015 CCMA® Songwriter of the Year nominee (for the single “Never Didn’t Love You”), with the release of his third album Crazy Enough, Wills musically shifted gears, exploring a heavier country sound. The album features an array of tracks blending an intense mixture of rock-inspired country songs featuring an attack of the senses with fuller percussion and a bevy of string instruments, complemented by his signature melodic harmonies and intimate lyrical storytelling. In April 2015 he released his single, “So Much For Taking It Slow”, which quickly became the Mediabase #1 most added at Canadian country [radio] the week April 14, 2015. In January 2015 Bobby inked a new deal with American based, boutique full service record label Willing Nashville. In addition, he continued to tour throughout Canada including joining Chad Brownlee’s nationwideWhen The Lights Go Down Tour in March 2015, and a performance in his home province during the Calgary Stampede. Rounding out a jam-packed year, Wills released his latest single, “Won’t You Be Mine” to Canadian country radio in October 2015.
- Current single: “Won’t You Be Mine”
- Current album: 10-track album Crazy Enough (released June 23, 2014); a blend of Wills’ signature melodic harmonies and intimate lyrical story-telling, contrasted with an intense mixture of rock-inspired country tracks
- Joined Chad Brownlee, opening shows nationwide as part of the 2015 When The Lights Go Down Tour
- Co-wrote single “Undressed” with Patricia Conroy
- Single “Never Didn’t Love You” #1 most added track on radio overall (all formats week of release), #1 most increased audience and #1 spins second week of release.
- Single “Crazy Enough” Mediabase #1 most added at country radio the week ending Feb. 4, 2014, and was #118 on the iTunes top 200 that same week
- Music Row Magazine described “Crazy Enough” as “true composing craftsmanship”
- A committed philanthropist, performed during the 2014 Golden Globe® Awards weekend in Los Angeles at The Peninsula Beverly Hills as part of the 2nd annual Oh Canada Cocktail Party to benefit the Friends of the Canadian Museum for Human Rights.