ARTIST. SONGWRITER. PRODUCER.
For more than 15 years now Tebey has been steadily, methodically building an impressive music career that includes milestones and acknowledgements that are hard to ignore and easy to respect. A true renaissance man, Tebey is proficient in writing, performing and producing. His resume includes writing credits across genres that include international #1 charting songs (UK Pixie Lott, Canada Shawn Desman (2 X #1) and Rex Goudie, U.S. Justin Moore) and multiple cuts for the likes of One Direction, Flo Rida, Fifth Element, Cher, Nick Carter (Backstreet Boys), Emerson Drive, Jimmy Rankin, Big and Rich, Doc Walker, Jason Blaine, Aaron Pritchett and more. He’s landed 3 major publishing deals and is a respected and sought after writer in Nashville.
As a producer Tebey has taken home 3 Producer of the Year awards for work on his own projects in the past 6 years. Tebey’s artist career, which kicked off in 2004 with the top 5 hit “We Shook Hands (Man to Man) and a major label signing to RCA Nashville took a back seat shortly thereafter to a thriving writing career and then kicked back into high gear in 2011 with four successive full length releases and a quiver of bulls eye hits like “Somewhere in The Country” (Most played Cdn. Country song of 2013 – Nielsen BDS), “Till It’s Gone” (top 10), “Now I Do” (top 10), “Wake Me Up” (Most played Cdn. Country song in 2014 – Mediabase – and certified Gold single), “Jealous of the Sun” (top 20) and award winning single “When The Buzz Wears Off” (top 10). In 2016 Tebey took a one-year hiatus to decompress from the stress of the highly competitive music industry. In a recent social media post for #BellLetsTalk day, Tebey spoke of lifelong struggles with anxiety and depression and the pressure was at an all time high. He works closely with organizations that benefit those who suffer from these afflictions including Greater Peterborough Health Services Foundation and the Ottawa Sens Foundation to name a few. He is especially endeared to charities that help guide today’s youth through mental health issues.
In 2018 Tebey fans and country fans in general will hear some new music that comes from a clear head, a sharp mind and a happy heart. “Denim on Denim” co-written by fellow Canadian Kelly Archer and American hitmaker Nathan Spicer is an up-tempo jam that is fresh and infectious. “Who’s Gonna Love You” is a slow groove that tips what to the patience and fortitude of women. “Alone Together” is a smoldering ballad fit for any hot date night. “That’s Gonna Get You Kissed” is a huge anthemic tempo tune that is sure to be on everyone’s favourite song list
by fall of 2018. “Show You What It’s Like” is a super fresh jam destined for international dance floors! Other songs feature co-writes with Nashville heavyweights Phil O’Donnell, Adam Hambrick, Sam Ellis and Thomas Archer.
Tebey’s 4th album (still to be named) is a vibrant collection of songs that blends Tebey’s sophisticated pop music sensibility with the modern country sound he’s become known for. Make way for Tebey at the top this year. He’s worked long and hard to get to this pivotal moment in his career.
- TEBEY’S SINGLE “DENIM ON DENIM” IS TOP 5 HIT WITH OVER 3 MILLION STREAMS
- THE VIDEO FOR “DENIM ON DENIM” WAS DIRECTED BY EMMA HIGGINS AND SHOT IN ARIZONA, NEW MEXICO AND TEXAS TO CREATE THE ULTIMATE ROAD TRIP VIDEO!
- NEW SINGLE “WHO’S GONNA LOVE YOU” AT RADIO NOW
- NEW EP “LOVE A GIRL” FEATURING 6 NEW SONGS RELEASES APRIL 27, 2018 (ROAD ANGEL ENT.)
- ALL NEW SONGS PRODUCED BY TEBEY AND DANICK DUPELLE AND MIXED BY F. REID SHIPPEN (LADY A, KENNY CHESNEY, DIERKS BENTLEY, CAGE THE ELEPHANT, ERIC CHURCH)
- FALL 2017 FIRST BILLBOARD US #1 SINGLE AS A WRITER WITH “SOMEBODY ELSE WILL” PERFORMED BY JUSTIN MOORE.
- FIRST ANNUAL TEBEY GOLF TOURNAMENT IN SUPPORT OF A NEW TEEN MENTAL HEALTH CENTRE IN TEBEY’S HOMETOWN OF PETERBOROUGH RAISES $25,000.00. SECOND ANNUAL TOURNAMENT WAS JUNE 1, 2018.
- CMA ONTARIO AWARDS: 2018 “SONGWRITER OF THE YEAR” FOR “SOMEBODY ELSE WILL” BY JUSTIN MOORE.
- 2017 SINGLE OF THE YEAR “WHEN THE BUZZ WEARS OFF”
- 2015 CMAO AWARD FOR PRODUCER OF THE YEAR FOR HIS ALBUM “TWO”
- HIS COUNTRIFIED VERSION OF “WAKE ME UP” SPENT 8 WEEKS IN THE TOP 10 AT CANADIAN COUNTRY RADIO, PEAKING AT #5 IN APRIL OF 2014.
- ADDED TO SIRIUS XM THE HIGHWAY IN THE US.
- SIGNED TO ROAD ANGEL ENTERTAINMENT / WARNER MUSIC CANADA, SONGWRITER AT BMG CHRYSALIS PUBLISHING NASHVILLE